The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Insanity as always







It's been a busy week (as always).

The highlights:

Casey had dental surgery. 3 teeth extracted (poor baby) because they were rotting (apparently, one canine actually had a nerve exposed). She was feeling very sorry for herself but is totally digging the post-operative spoiling (especially when it involves Fancy Feast).

Packing. Lots of packing. My moving day is in under 2 weeks. I found myself movers who had availability for my move and aren't charging an arm an a leg (just a couple of fingers).

Work. The doc-jock got her first publication, folks. I'm first author of a letter to the editor coming out in the Journal of Nutrition. I'm taking a quick work break doing this then I'm submitting our requested changes tonight.

Knitting. Got a lot done on gender neutral baby blanket (not that it needs to be gender neutral anymore: a little boy named Gabriel was born earlier in the month). I'm trying to push that (I'm also tired of pastels, note to any friends contemplating pregancy: you aren't getting pastel knits, I'm going for bright colors). Also started some fuzzy pink mitts for a portable bus project. They're for one of the girls from our lab spending the next semester in Northern Ontario if I get them done in time.

Hair. I chopped it off yesterday. Love it.

1 comment:

Red Rabbit said...

A. Hair looks great, but it did before.

B. Not that anything is planned but you know any kid of mine and the squeezeboxman would LOOOOOVE orange.

C. CONGRATS on being PUBLISHED. You ROCK!