The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Great Ontarion Road Trip 3: Flying Solo


























My last stage of the trip was just me, heading up the coast of Georgian Bay, basically beach-hopping. I decided to avoid the heavily populated beaches and look for places where I could just wander and think. Beautiful place.

Before heading back landwards towards my last stop at Bancroft, I stopped at a National Wildlife Conservation area (Wye Marsh) figuring on a walk on the boardwalks and a short hike on one of their trails. Apparently, part of the trail I chose was closed for repairs and instead of turning back, I took what I understood to be a detour and ended up on an endless loop of cross-country ski trails. 4 hours later, I stumbled back upon the parking lot, muddy up to my knees.

Got to love that I chose that night to splurge on my accommadations and had booked a B and B with a hot tub...

2 comments:

segacs said...

Cathy, those photos are really stunning! Glad to see you had a nice relaxing trip.

Marieke said...

Nice pics...love the ribbits and Chippie!