The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Saturday, May 5, 2007

My baby got a bobo

It's a sad day for my baby, the Cannibalistic Corrolla. It got cannibalized by a parking garage. Parking garages are not particularly user-friendly: this one has random sharp turns, steel-lined cement pillars and narrow through-ways. I took a sharp turn into a narrow through way and got too close to a steel lined pillar. Okay, ended up wedged against the pillar and stuck. Called CAA. Waited until 4:30am for CAA only to discover that the garage was too low for their truck. The guy came downstairs with a jack, squirmed under my baby and managed to unwedge me.

Sigh... It could have been worse... Nothing hurt but my pride, the left side of my car and my wallet. Sigh, I need a good body shop.

4 comments:

Marieke said...

You need a bigger garage m'dear!

Cath_r1n said...

Wasn't even my garage!

segacs said...

Ugh... that sucks! Sorry to hear about your car.

I know a good body shop here in Montreal if you have the car with you, but since that's unlikely I think you might have better luck asking the Ottawa contingent.

Marieke said...

What garage were you in?