The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Friday, January 4, 2008

Dear Smartie thief,

I will have you know that I am not impressed with your antics. I had my Smartie-filled pillbox put together to demonstrate the number of pills an HIV patient is required to take as such:



You can understand my disgust and annoyance when I retrieved it from the lab today (while rushing to get my Lets Talk Science HIV presentation ready to roll on quite short notice).




Yes! That's right! Empty! Shocking...

I understand chocoholism and desperation (perhaps during MCAT preparation?) but you really have reached quite the low considering that the above pill box and the above Smarties have been handled by over 300 fifteen year olds.

I was required to go buy candy (oh woe is me!) and fill it today. Please note the candy I selected.



I have my short-list of suspects and as this must be an inside job and I am quite certain that I am the only person in the lab who likes black licorice (having gotten many a black jelly bean because of that), I am hoping that, even in times of great desperation, candy-covered licorice will be safe.



Next time you feel the need to eat a scientific teaching tool, would you please have the decency to refill it after your time of crisis has passed?

Sincerely,
The angry yet amused Doc Jock

No comments: