The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Friday, December 14, 2007

Tales of flustered guinea pigs drowning in seas of grading

And that is exactly why I have not written lately.

The sad thing is that I have a very very nice new camera (Canon Powershot S5 - woohoo!) that I have yet to play much with: hence the lack of photos in this entry.

Flustered: With my research - our Moxus has deep psychological issues and does not feel like recording data consistantly. Trials have been cancelled/lost. My mom's also had some pretty flustering news this week: she will have to go another 6 weeks of non-weight bearing on her bad leg. Very upsetting - we had all seen how much she was improving during rehab and assumed that meant the healing was going well.

Guinea pig: I am officially a research subject. Had a VO2 max and underwater weighing done earlier this week. Will spend a day in a direct calorimeter in January at some point.

Drowning in grading: 60 stats essay exams... 30 long nutrition term papers... I probably have 30 more hours of marking before I get to go home for the holidays.

Oh, yeah, and then it's the holidays... Thankfully, it'll be low key. Got a few Christmas gifts to finish up. Trying to do a bit of baking (managed a batch of pinwheel cookies and a pan of Skor shortbread so far for a potluck and cookie exchange tonight).

No comments: