The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snow, shoes and the attack cat






On today's edition, we see that there has been lots of snow, I bought pretty new shoes (I am not a shoe person but I do rather love them) to wear to the Christmas formal, I got a flu shot and I finished my first glove which Casey immediately started to maul.

Conversation while waiting in waiting room for flu shot:

Receptionist: "Wow! Gloves! I've never seen anyone knit gloves before. I didn't think people could knit gloves."

I explain that it's kind of like doing mitts except that you do multiple thumbholes while thinking "Um, where exactly did you think gloves came from?"

Conversation in lab following flu shot (okay, so I am rather fond of the Batman band aid and wore short sleeves to show it off - our lab tends to vary in temperature: today was a short sleeve weather day in there).

Sophie: "There's something on your arm. Is there something wrong with you?"

I have yet to figure out if she was concerned about my arm or about my mental state.

3 comments:

Marieke said...

haha.. something wrong with you (mentally..)

segacs said...

I like the shoes. They're super cute.

Red Rabbit said...

Like the shoes. Luuuurrve the bandaid.

What does that say about my mental state?