The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Friday, November 16, 2007

Worn out...




So, here I am: semi-moved back home.

Casey thinks it's pretty cool (though seems concerned that I may leave her with my dad for another 2 weeks and head back to New Orleans).

My mom's improved a lot since she started rehab a week ago. We had a dramatic morning over whether or no she could come home on a weekend pass (man, you should have seen the dirty look the nurse who told her the team decided that she should stay gave the doctor who came in 10 minutes later to tell her that she could go): final verdict being we still have no railings and she has not done stairs yet. She could camp out in the den downstairs (complete with renting a commode) but that somehow did not appeal (I can't blame her). I spent some time photographing the layout of the bathroom for her occupational therapist today. I"m here until Wednesday so hopefully can get the house adaptation we need to do into gear.

Luckily (cough cough), I can stay away for so long because I have lots of portable lab work. Note to self: my new least favorite expression from my supervisors: "Now here's a really cool idea for you." ie: it's a cool idea but now you get to work for it - I now know more that I ever thought I would about interleukin-6 and fuel selection during exercise... unfortunately, I have a growing list of more reading to do (there seems to be an exponential relationship going on here: for every article I read, I find 10 more I need to read - argh....

Somehow, the big almost-white thing that shall soon be named is slowly getting bigger...

1 comment:

segacs said...

Welcome home. Between all the hospital-hopping we all seem to be up to these days (your mom, my grandfather... *sigh*... we must do coffee at some point).