The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Crazy week



My weekend home (it was supposed to be for an elementary school reunion but it ended up being for a memorial service for Melanie - there is still little news about what happened to her, leaving a lot of room for questions) was a bit of an emotional whirlwind of questioning, sadness, anger, breaking down crying in a parking lot, more anger. Much thanks to the people who took care of me last weekend (especially my mother who fed me and retrieved me from said parking lot and Eric who fed me sushi, let me drag him into a very pink-colored cupcake bakery and snagged me a last minute comedy show ticket) - anyone see a feeding trend?

I've been submerged in work since I've been back (probably somewhat therapeutic): got through a good primary run-through of my experiment today (after, uh... 2 failed attempts). Means I can start once I get back from vacation, assuming my ammendment I'm sending to the ethics board goes through (I'm combining the methods of 2 previously approved projects which means that neither project's consent form actually describes what I am doing). This has been my other little project this week. Got to love ethics.



Oh yeah, and I'm packing my appartment (Casey has a new trick: she likes to rip tape off of boxes and unpack).



2 comments:

Marieke said...

Books and Iguana?

Cath_r1n said...

I was waiting to see who'd pick up on that: it's Dora the iguana (stuffed toy from Costa Rica).