The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Friday, July 13, 2007

Last weekend - part 2: blankies all around









So here was my latest craftiness: theme of the weekend was blankies.

Exhibit A: "The Cookie Monster"
This was Elena and Jon wedding gift. So named due to large dark blue fuzzy nature of said item. It was a work in progress since my trip to Puerto Rico in February, finished 24 hours before wedding. Justine and I complimented Cookie monster with cookie-themed gift pack complete with cookie jar, cookie cutters, fancy cookie mixes and cookie cookbook. See gift strapped into seatbelt on drive to wedding (we were afraid cookie jar might break). Casey was fascinated with Cookie Monster. Kept lying next to it and hoping I wouldn't notice her slowly reaching for it. I have a pattern for a knit cat bed. May have to use some of the leftovers to make one if she is so enraptured by the texture.

Exhibit B: "unisex baby blanket"
This is a gift for one of my expecting friends. As baby's sex is not yet known (at least by me), had idea of using different colors of baby yarn from my stash to make reversible blanket when one side would be boy colored and one side girl colored. Not coming out quite as imagined but I am finding the thick stripes side and narrow stripe side very appealing.

No comments: