The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Monday, June 18, 2007

Home sweet home!






Ah... to be back home after 6 weeks in Montreal...

I started off by running a 12 hour ELISA kit in the lab (oof... was going to do the 2nd one tomorrow, but I'm thinking it'll wait until Thursday).

My time back home was pretty cool, filled with lots of interesting things and discoveries, such as:

1-) Epidemiology is actually pretty cool. I want to find a way to integrate it into my planned PhD project. Perhaps a join degree?

2-) I got a new cat who behaves amazingly well in long car rides and elevator malfunctions.

3-) I got a whole new outfit (including a REAL designer purse) for $20 - got to love the garment district and St Laurence Street fest.

4-) The higher up Peel you walk, the more muscular your fellow pedestrians' calves are.

5-) Montrealers walk very slowly.

6-) St Ambroise Apricot beer is very tasty.

7-) Brazilian brunches are also very tasty.

8-) Ben and Jerry's fish food is very awesome but the Vermonty Python has fudge cows.

2 comments:

Marieke said...

Beer and Fancy Feast... well, whatever makes it taste better! (hehe)

Cath_r1n said...

Andrea brought Fancy Feast for Casey to Hurley's. I took it out of the bag to check it out. I think the waitress thought we were going to eat it. Had to take a pic.