The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Monday, March 26, 2007

I am now from Skid Row - who knew?


Went to see the Quebec movie "Bon Cop, Bad Cop" this weekend. Very funny and highly recommended for those who have not seen it. I was very excited to recognize this local establishment (superimposed in the movie to be next to one of the seedier motels a little further up the road).
"Hey, look!" I point out to my new friend with whom I had gone to see the movie, "That's right by where my parents live!"
He takes a good look at the screen, "Wow! You really are from a bad part of town, aren't you?"
Well, how's that for making a good early impression. I am from the projects... Must have made my earlier story about high school etiquette class even more confusing.

2 comments:

Red Rabbit said...

Actually, I liked your parents' neighbourhood.

But then I had a classmate look at me in utter confusion a couple of weeks back when she asked me where I live.

"YOU... live in Westmount?!?" As though it was unthinkable that someone as lowly as I could live there. Nice.

Red Rabbit said...

PS. Glad you enjoyed the movie.