The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Neurosurgery... Who'd have thunk it?

I have spent the past week perusing neurosurgical journals because the part of my literature review on the effects of cold exposure on cytokines seems to be mostly covered there (a lot of work on how post-traumatic/post-stroke cooling may modify inflammatory and hence neurological outcome).

Got to admit, I like the brevity of the neurosurgical articles (compared to the longer more detailed methods sections found in the physiology journals that I have recently become so well-acquainted with) but I am really really not keen on reading any more on mouse models of head trauma and am really questioning if there isn't anything out there that may be more relevant to what I'm doing...



This is my brain on neurosurgical mouse hypothermia literature. Questions?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Uh nope. That's pretty clear.

Marieke said...

haha.. um, ya.. 'nough said!