The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Friday, October 12, 2007

Falling behind...

I am way behind on my blogging (including photos from last week - Marieke, you and your mittens will be posted soon, I promise). It has been an eventful week. I have been working on looking for programs/projects/supervisors/funding for a PhD. I seem to have reached several dead ends/hit several unexpected brick walls (note, I have written and had to junk CIHR PhD applications for 3 different projects - I am currently considering pan-handling and selling off my organs as a viable source of research funding - though it does not look nearly as nice on a resume). I have also had several recent epiphanies and depiphanies of what I want to do with my life

Started my trials this past week for my MSc (1 down, 15 plus intro sessions and follow-up sessions to go - woot!).

I'm back home unexpectedly soon. My mom had a fall off of a raised boardwalk while on a hike/bird watching expedition. She's got a nasty tib-fib fracture and has been transfered to a local hospital (thankfully) and is awaiting surgery. She's had a rough time of it (probably not helped by a certain daughter who will go un-named driving home to see her and managing to faint/hit her head on the hospital floor/get herself admitted to emergency for a couple of hours of observation within a few minutes of arriving - yes I'm okay, just embarassed and a little head-achy) and has a long road ahead of her (but this time, I'm going to try to behave).

1 comment:

Marieke said...

As you know I am always there for you, call/email anytime!