The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Well, my fan club was complaining...



...about my not recently updating my blog (hi, Mom).

My adventure of the week has been searching for chemical kits to start working on my thesis. Have been drawn into some sort of strange biochemical intrigue involving the company that made the only kit in the world to measure exactly what I need to be sold off and it's technology being lost somewhere in transition and the new company not being able to successfully replicate this kit (this is the story from the former company - I get a slightly different story from the new company that perhaps the kit wasn't quite as successful in the first place). Oye. Am now looking for alternatives to ELISA - unfortunately our lab is really only set up to run ELISAs...

Here are the belated pics of recent knitting projects (did some felting when I was home for Easter). The green striped bag is mine out of Patons Classic Wool, the pink one was made with leftover SWS from my sweater as a birthday gift for my cousin, Amy. I'm pretty pleased with how both of them turned out.

Am currently working of various secret projects (ie gifts) so don't have anything else to post pics of just yet (though perhaps I should get a pic of my lacy pink scarf).

1 comment:

Marieke said...

he, I was just complaining to Andrea about the lack of new posts!
As soon as I have news on whether or not the botox worked I will post too.