The mildly insane thoughts of a mildly sane graduate student

Friday, February 9, 2007

Better






Well, 3-legged cat and I are both improving. You can hardly see her limp and I am back to eating normal food (too bad, I almost pulled an "upset" on the lab's "biggest loser" competition) and made it to the gym last night for the first time in a week.


Thesis proposal is continuing to drag on. I need to replace my plan to measure CRP with something else because I need a more rapid inflammatory response and I need to learn everything I don't know about Heat Shock Proteins - which is a lot because my project originally just required my acknowledgement of their existance and now I'm actually going to be using one of the HSPs (which one is still to be determined)... We'll see how far I get with that (my latest deadline for myself was to have my final copy of the proposal submitted before I leave for Puerto Rico in one week - between my walls I've hit and my unproductive week due to illness, I see another deadline delay in my future).


I do, however, have the long-ago promised knitting to show off: I've been making hats (2 done, a 3rd on the go - the lab girls will have matching hats with hearts for Valentine's Day!), my sweater has sleeves on the go and Minou found herself a new favorite hiding place in the cat food cupboard.

No comments: